Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 2, 2012 - Portland, Maine

I just keep getting behinder and behinder!  It's Sunday, Aug. 5 now so I am going to quickly try to get caught up on Aug. 2, 3, and 4 before I go to bed..and before I forget what we did!

OK...Aug. 2...it was Thursday and we were tired.  I remember waking up to the tune of Katy Perry's song "I Kissed A Girl and I Liked It" only I was singing "I Slept Til Noon and I Liked It"!  Glenn just laughed!  I think he slept till 10:00!  We had already planned to have a "slow" day and take care of a few things like go to Verizon and see what we could do about our "My-5" router since we needed more than 5 gigs while we were traveling.  Ta-Da...they finally have  plan where we can get more...now we have 10 gigs and basically for the same monthly price (we changed our whole plan)!  When we are home we can drop the My-5 to 1 gig and then change it back to 10 gigs when we are traveling and uploading lots of pictures.  Yeah!

Then we went back to Best Buy to see if we could work something out about Glenn's broken camera since we still have 2 months of traveling to do.  We always buy the extended service plan on our cameras and we bought that camera 1 1/2 years ago so it was still covered but we didn't want to have to wait until Oct. to get it fixed.  And, guess what?  They traded the broken Canon Rebel T2i camera for a  new Canon Rebel T3i camera!  They didn't have a T2i in stock for an even trade so we paid $35 for the T3i, which is the camera I have with more features than the T2i.  Were we happy??? 

Glenn with his new camera!  Notice the smile on his face!

Then he went crazy taking pictures of me walking the "girls"!  OK...maybe they were walking me!









We did some shopping at Sam's, Walmart and a few other places and we were on such a high until.....I started paying bills!
I went into the internet to pay our Bank of America Mastercard and they had changed our account number!!!  I called BOA customer service and then said the "data of one of the merchants we had used had been compromised but, not to worry, they are mailing us new cards".  Now, we are only using one credit card this trip...the BOA Mastercard... and paying it off each month...too easy, huh!  And, of course, I know the credit card number by memory since we have had the card since the 1980's...and we just got the new card in May with the June, 2015, expiration date and I had changed all of our accounts that are drafted each year (like our PO Box, my Barnes and Noble Membership, Hotmail, etc.)...and we won't be home to get it in the mail until Oct.!  Not a problem...huh! 

OK...it's not really that big a problem but it sure is a hassle!  Particularly since we are traveling and won't be home until Oct.  Anyway, at least we are going to be in Gloucester, Mass for 2 weeks so they are supposed to mail the new cards to the campground.  If we don't get the cards by Aug. 19 I will start stressing again...but for now I'm going to try to get caught up with the blog and enjoy our trip! 


1 comment: